Argonaut Funds Management is a high conviction investor in the Australian resources sector that operates two resource funds;
- Argonaut Natural Resources Fund – An actively managed wholesale fund that primarily invests in ASX listed resource and mining service companies.
- AFM Perseus Fund – An actively managed investment company that invests in the small resources sector, being those resource and mining service companies outside the S&P ASX 100 Index.
Argonaut Funds Management is part of the Argonaut Group, which provides corporate advisory, research and stockbroking services to retail, high net worth and institutional clients. The group is based in the tier 1 mining jurisdiction of Western Australia and is recognised as a leader in the resources space.
Argonaut operates independently from the broader Argonaut Group with strong governance and compliance structures in place.
The group has a rigorous three stage investment process:
- Market – An assessment of general market conditions
- Macro – An evaluation of global economic conditions that drives our strategic views of commodity markets and investment risks.
- Micro – Our “FIVE BRICKS” analytical approach involves stock specific analysis based on five investment criteria : Management Strength; Business Strength, Financial Strength, Valuation and Responsible Investing.
Read on to learn more about our investing and operations teams.
Prior to joining Argonaut in 2006, Glen spent six years as Branch Manager of a successful Goldfields based stockbroking operation, where he gained a detailed knowledge of the mining and mineral exploration industries. Glen has significant expertise in the analysis of small and mid-capitalisation resource companies.
David has over 25 year’s financial markets experience including almost ten years as Head of Research at a leading small company’s stockbroker and 10 years as Managing Director and Chief Investment Officer of a boutique funds management business. David is also an experienced business executive, having held senior roles in ASX listed and unlisted companies.
T: +61 402 447 839
Wendy Den Hollander
Wendy is a CPA with more than 35 years of accounting experience. Wendy started her career in public practice prior to moving to a corporate role in the resource sector for an extended period of time. Post leaving the resource industry Wendy moved to a role as Group Accountant with a private investment vehicle with interests in Australia and Asia before joining Argonaut in September 2014.
T: +61 8 9224 6833
Marilyn is a CPA with more than 6 years of accounting experience. Marilyn started her career in the Multi-National Automotive Co-Operative environment, working within Travel, Insurance, Finance and Corporate teams. Her work history includes extensive experience in data analysis and reporting as well as system implementation and training across multiple platforms. Marilyn also worked in Freight Logistics and Finance sectors before joining Argonaut in September 2018.
T: +61 8 9224 6848